Reasons I like Violet Hunter:
- She is completely unperturbed by Sherlock being dismissive of her at first - she’s like, “Yeah, I know it’s ridiculous to come to you with this, but you’d know straight off the bat if this is some creepy human trafficking ring and not a babysitting gig, and I’m a lady on a time limit. Thanks, bub!”
- She manages herself in a Creepy As Shit situation for a pretty fuckin’ long time.
- When she does call up Holmes again, she actually works with him a surprising amount, considering the involvement of a lot of other clients. She’s right there in the thick of it.
- John is actually really disappointed when Sherlock lets Violet leave, because he was a little bit convinced that she would be a good match for him. After Irene Adler, that would be really interesting to look at in the BBC ‘verse. Because honestly, that means that Violet could be shown to be a lot like John - seemingly ordinary, but has that interesting quirk that means she does swimmingly in a crisis and clicks well with Sherlock. But, of course, Sherlock already has John.
- She’s successful as all hell after the case is over. Get. It. Lady.
GATISS! MOFFAT! THOMPSON! GIMME VIOLET HUNTER OR SUFFER MY…UNSPOKEN DISAPPOINTMENT.